Page Contents Table
For the 2020 tax filing season, the Internal Revenue Services (IRS) facilitates taxpayers in the United States to pay their taxes free with IRS Free File. With this facility, most of the taxpayers can early start to file and pay their federal tax returns at IRS.gov/freefile. According to the details of IRS free file feature, those taxpayers who had an adjusted gross income of $69,000 or less in 2019 can do their taxes now. This limit of AGI covers most of the taxpayers. Once the IRS officially opens the 2020 tax filing season on January 27, 2020, the Free File provider will submit the return and starts processing tax returns. The IRS Free File online products will be available from January 2020 through October 2020 for extension filers in USA.
The IRS Commissioner, Mr. Chuck Rettig shared the words regarding Free File and said,
Free File online products offer free federal tax return preparation, free electronic filing and free direct deposit of refunds to help get your money faster. The IRS has worked to improve the program for this year, and we encourage taxpayers to visit IRS.gov, and consider using the Free File option to get a head start on tax season.
IRS Free File Fillable Forms:
Free File Fillable Forms are also offer by the IRS. For those who don’t know, IRS Free File File-able Forms are the electronic version of IRS paper forms to any taxpayer. These forms are not concerned to their income. When the IRS opens tax filing season on January 27, these forms will be accessible to the taxpayers in USA. Free File Fillable Forms is the best option to file taxes for those individuals who are at ease to do their own taxes with slight help. If you need any assistance, you can request call back with our representative.
What Is The IRS Free File Program?
Free File is a public-private joint venture that is made between the Internal Revenue Service and Free File Inc. (FFI). The IRS Free File was first initiated in 2003. Since then, almost 57 million taxpayers got the benefit of IRS free file facility. It is anticipated that an average of $1.7 billion calculated using a conservative $30 tax preparation fee has been saved since 2003 by using IRS Free File. In short, the IRS Free File is a group of a list of tax software providers who offer their Free File products at IRS.gov/freefile.
Can I File For Free With IRS?
Yes, you can file for free with the IRS Free File program. It is worth mentioning here that a group of industry-leading private-sector tax preparation companies are associated as the Free File Alliance with the IRS. With the free file, taxpayers can avail free commercial online tax preparation and electronic filing services. You can prepare as well as file your federal individual income tax return for free using tax-preparation-and-filing software. If you need any assistance, call Black Ink as your best tax preparer in USA.
Is IRS Free File Really Free And Good?
The IRS Free File is an absolutely FREE me tax preparation and electronic filing program for eligible taxpayers in the United States. The program is established with the joint venture of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the Free File Alliance, a group of private sector tax software companies including 1040Now, Inc., ezTaxReturn.com (English and Spanish), FileYourTaxes.com, Free tax Returns.com, H&R Block, Intuit, On-Line Taxes, Inc., Tax ACT, TaxHawk, Inc. and TaxSlayer. You can file and pay your taxes to the IRS without any cost by using IRS online free file program. Get the best tax help in USA with our professional and expert tax planning and preparation services in your state.
How Qualifies For IRS Free File:
Almost 70% of the taxpayers in USA are eligible for Free File, as per the IRS. The eligibility criteria vary year to year. As for current year, the eligibility requirements for the taxpayer to use free file is that the taxpayer have an Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) of $69,000 or less in 2019. So, if you are the lucky one, go ahead to use Free File Software.
Can I Use Free File On PC, Tablet Or Mobile?
Yes, the IRS Free File program is compatible with all digital devices, including Personal Computer, Tablet and Smart Phone. Free File products are mobile-friendly and easily works on your mobile and tablet to e-File your taxes.
Can I Use Free File To Pay State Tax Returns?
Yes, state tax return preparation services are also offer by IRS Free File program. Some of the services are free of cost while the others charge a specific fee from the taxpayers. To find the right product, use the “look up” tool of IRS Free File software.
How to Use IRS Free File Program:
Black Ink presents its readers about the details that how IRS free file online program works:
- Open your browser and go the link gov/freefile to see all Free File options and procedure.
- You can go through each of the option. Plus, a “look up” tool can help the taxpayers to find the right product as per their requirements.
- On the basis of income, age and state residency, taxpayers will find different sort of eligibility standards for each IRS Free File partner. However, if the adjusted gross income of the taxpayer was $69,000 or less, at least one free product is available for free to use.
- Select any service provider as per your choice. To begin a tax return, follow the instructions and links redirected towards their web pages.
- Complete the procedure to e-File a tax return only if all the needed income and deduction records are available to you. The fastest way to get a refund from IRS is by filing electronically and selecting direct deposit. Taxpayers can use direct pay or electronic options if they owe.
Benefits of IRS Free File Program:
The taxpayers can avail following protections under the IRS Free File program:
- Taxpayers will not be charged for preparation and e-filing of a federal tax return if they qualify for the IRS Free File federal return offer.
- Taxpayers can get rid of paying unnecessary when using IRS Free File Only the fee for some of the state tax preparation as well as the fee for federal tax preparation if the individual don’t qualify for IRS free federal return offer is charged that can be seen on the Free File landing page.
- There are different choices available for taxpayers to e-file their returns. If in case the taxpayer finds out that he is not eligible to use the a specific company’s Free File offer, then he can return to the IRS.gov Free File website to look for Free File online offer from another company. Taxpayers are guided in their choices throughout this program service.
- Each company that is offering Free File service in collaboration IRS is also offering free customer service options. Taxpayers can avail this assistance if they need any help while doing their taxes on the company’s Free File website.
- The taxpayers will also receive a welcome email from the specific company from which they availed services on last year’s Free File online program.
- IRS Free File online Look-up tool is also incorporated in the online software to make the best choice for doing taxes.
- You can also file free state tax preparation with IRS Free File program. Some of the preparations are available for a fee that is disclosed right at the starting.